Tuesday 17 July 2012

Brian 'Head' Welch

I was sent a link to this video recently:



I listened to Brian's previous band Korn a lot in the late '90's and early 2000's.  When I was first attending a local Church, but not yet a Christian, I saw Brian's video on the I Am Second site, and consequently read his autobiography.  At the time, I was struggling with the idea that I could be forgiven for my sins.  I felt I'd done some pretty bad things that went beyond what God would be willing to forgive.  Of course, I know this to not be true (God is willing and able to forgive all sins - even mine), and reading Brian's book went a fair way to helping me see that.  Reading how knowing God had turned Brian's life around, from a drug-using, unfaithful and violent husband and father to a man trying his best to raise his daughter and live for God was also a big influence on me.

So to see him participating in what I consider to be a heretical, dangerous and insulting cult-like pseudo-Christianity alongside Crowder and Vaughan...  that's really sad.





2 comments:

  1. Makes me sad too. Praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad now too. Didn't know this :(

    ReplyDelete