Thursday 3 November 2011

God Never Sleeps

Short post:  following on from a facebook discussion I've just been involved with regarding worship and it's purpose, I thought about the difference between being with God, and interacting with God.

The opening question on this facebook chat asked about whether worship songs should be a consequence of being in the presence of God, or attempts to enter God's presence.  I thought, and responded with comments about us always being in God's presence.

However, I went off to make a coffee, and tried to get my little cat's attention whilst I was waiting for the kettle to boil.  She wasn't interested. This made me think, is there a difference between being in the same room as someone and being in the presence of someone.  My cat may be only three foot away from me now, but, she's paying me no attention whatsoever.  To be more exact, I'm calling her, and she's looking at me like I'm an idiot (She's right).

God never changes.  He's always here.  Before I was a believer, I ignored His presence, just as my cat is ignoring mine.  It doesn't make me exist any less just because The Evil Spawn of Satan my cat doesn't acknowledge me.  I'll be here when Sooty the Cat wants me, just as when I cried out to God to save me, He said "I'm here".  In my cat's case, she'll decide she absolutely cannot live without me, probably at 3 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep.  She'll probably get shouted at, and told to quit scratching the door and miaowwing.  

When we come crying out to the Lord to help us, God won't throw a shoe at us and swear, and grumble about being woken up - He'll comfort us.  Because, thankfully, God never sleeps.

M :)

No comments:

Post a Comment