Sunday 27 November 2011

My Testimony - Part 3


So late at night, my partner had got back up out of bed.  I lay very still in my bed, on my side in a foetal position, tears running down my face and I silently prayed to God.  I asked God to help me.  I asked him to give me the strength to end things, and not back down.  (I had previously tried to finish with him a couple of months earlier, but his reaction led to me retracting this).  I also asked God to see me and my girl through this safely.  A few days later, God answered that prayer.

You have to remember that despite my ex not being particularly big, and me being a (lower-grade) karate student, I was scared of him.  As in, stomach-churning, every muscle tightening up, and feeling very small and weak, scared of him.  His drug use made him unpredictable, and he had a temper on him.  So facing him down was a daunting task.  Somehow though, the words just fell out of my mouth.  It was like it was someone else driving me, and I was just sitting back watching the events unfold.  

That’s not to say I wasn’t scared – far from it.  But somehow, I made it through.  The situation led to a neighbour’s assistance in calling the police, and his arrest for breach of the peace, as well as him having a bag of cannabis taken off him.  I made it through in one piece, with very little physical damage.

This was most certainly an answered prayer.  Too bad I didn’t recognise it as such at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment