Sunday 29 April 2012

Joel Osteen on Mitt Romney

I saw this video earlier today.




I'm no fan of Osteen, and find his 'prosperity-gospel' drivel heretical and insulting.  That said, I have no strong opinions on Mitt Romney running for the US presidency as a Mormon.  I'm not american so can't vote over there anyway, and I'm leaning towards the separation of church and state argument (whilst protecting the rights of Christians, as well as those of other faiths).  I don't know much about Romney's policies.  All I know is his faith is wrong.  I have mormon friends, and they are great people, I just don't agree with their theology.

This video just highlights Osteen's ignorance on the sovereignty of God, and Jesus's deity.

My daughter watched it with me, and asked me why the Normans (who effectively ceased to exist in 1204) were trying to run for president.  That, my friends, is why you should always be careful not to drop your child on it's head when small. 








No comments:

Post a Comment